USAC International specializes in providing auto shipping services to many countries, including Italy. We offer reliable, efficient shipping service with frequent departures from major U.S. ports. We can handle not only the auto shipping to Italy from USA, but take care of all documentation, customs clearance, vehicle pick up and delivery, loading and maybe even inspecting the vehicle prior to shipping.
Whether you need an exotic car transport, antique or classic auto shipping services, or just want to ship your family car and household goods to Italy, you can always count on USAC International Shipping Company. We can always find a solution with a price package and shipping options designed to fit your needs and budget, when it comes to shipping your auto to Italia.
Major ports in Italy:
Acitrezza, Ancona, Augusta, Bari, Brindisi, Brucoli, Cagliari, Catania, Civitavecchia, Gaeta, Gela, Genoa (Genova), Gioia Tauro, Isola delle Femmine, La Spezia, Lampedusa, Leghorn (Livorno), Lipari, Marina di Carrara, Marzamemi, Messina, Milazzo, Monfalcone, Napoli (Naples), Ortona, Palermo, Pantelleria, Pescara, Piombino, Porto, Empedocle, Porto Torres, Porto di Mazara del Vallo, Portopalo, Pozzallo, Ravenna, Riposto, Salerno, San Remo, Savona, Siracusa, Taranto, Termini Imerese, Trapani, Trieste, Ustica,
Major cities in Italy:
Apulia, Bologna, Catania, Florence, Genes, Genoa (Genova), Livorno, Messina, Milan (Milano), Naples (Napoli), Palermo, Prato, Ravenna, Rome, Sicily, Trieste, Taranto, Turin (Turino), Venice (Venezia), Verona.
Some of the most common types of auto transport shipping services to Italy are: containerized auto shipping; Roll-on Roll-off (RO-RO) car transport (enclosed or on the deck); other possibilities are door-to-door auto transport, terminal-to-terminal auto shipping, specialty auto shipping services (exotic auto transport, non-operational vehicle transport, enclosed auto transport etc); delivery to a specified location, storage needs etc.
Containerized auto shipping to Italy is the most common way used to ship a vehicle, personal belongings and/or household goods. Shipping container can be delivered to your home and you can load the car yourself. In addition you can ship your personal items with your auto. Keep in mind that loading the vehicle in the container is not easy and it is advised to employ professionals. The ocean container sits on chassis about four feet above the ground, has no platforms, lift gates or ramps. The car needs to be secured, blocked, and braced inside the container.
If you choose not to pack the container yourself, your car can be picked up at your door and delivered to our nearest warehouse, where it will be loaded into the shipping container. This option is chosen by our customers most often, as in this case our company would take care of EVERYTHING since the moment your vehicle is picked up. Once the container is loaded and delivered to the U.S. port, it will be transferred onto a ship going to a specific port in Italy.
Another thing to consider is that you can often only collect marine insurance if the container is professionally packed. On the brighter side, the loading charges will only be a small portion of your total shipping cost.
The other most popular option in international auto shipping to Italy is RO-RO, which stands for Roll-On/Roll-Off service and basically means that your car will be “rolled on” the ship at the port of origin and “rolled off” at the port of destination. This service is limited to only a select group of ports in US and Italy – please contact us for this information.
If you are shipping your vehicle to Italy, there are certain documents and information you will have to secure:
- Make note you will need the original title of the vehicle.
- If there is a lien on the vehicle (i.e., the vehicle is financed), you will need the notarized copy of the title and a letter from the lien holder (if applicable), authorizing the exportation of the car. If you purchased a car in US you will need the original title and a Bill of Sale.
- Most countries, including Italy, require you to present a bill of lading, showing how, when and by what means of transport the vehicle was shipped (USAC will provide this document).
- You will need a tax code (Codice Fiscale). To get one, simply go to the provincial tax office in Florence (Ufficio Imposte)
- An identification document: required for registration of the vehicle with the Traffic Control Authority (Motorizzazione Civile) as well as for registration of the act of sale with the Bureau of Motor Vehicles (Pubblico Registro Automobilistico or PRA) run by the Italian Automobile Club (Automobile Club d’Italia or ACI).
Preparing your auto for international shipping:
- Before the pick up, please make sure the gas tank has less than ¼ of gas.
- Trucker will need 1 set of keys.
- The alarm must be disabled.
- If necessary, winterize your vehicle to protect the radiators and battery from freezing.
- It is advisable not to leave anything of value inside the vehicle.
- Personal belongings or parts are strictly prohibited inside the vehicles for Ro-Ro shipping.
- Make sure the driver goes over all scratches, dents etc and gives you a signed copy of the bill of lading showing all exceptions. This is an important document that insurance company will ask for in case your vehicle arrives damaged
- If shipping a motorhome or RV with LPG (liquid propane gas) tank, the tank must be completely drained by an authorized dealer, and proper certificate must be provided. Another option is to completely remove the tank.
- If shipping a boat to Italy, it is a good idea to shrink-wrap it, to prevent moisture accumulation and unauthorized access. It may also prevent small damages, such as scratches.
There are many international car transport companies out there today competing for your dollar, however it could be a difficult task to locate a small reliable company that has the highest safety records, excellent customer service and is ready to do business with you.
If you choose USAC International, not only we will provide you with an experienced customer service representative to guide you through every pitfall of international auto shipping, but also provide you with free shipping quote estimate, so that you will know all your shipping costs upfront, without hidden fees or charges.
Please, contact us today for your free shipping quote!
*NOTE – Customs regulations in Italy are subject to change at any time. Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, USAC Internationall cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. It is a good idea to check with your local embassy prior to shipping an auto to Italy.