Whether you need an exotic car transport, antique or classic vehicle shipping services, or just want to ship your family car and household goods to Sweden, you can always count on USAC International Shipping Company. We can always find a solution with price package and shipping options designed to fit your needs and budget, when it comes to car shipping to Sweden.
Major ports in Sweden:
Major cities in Sweden:
Containerized shipping to Sweden is the most common way used to ship a vehicle, personal belongings and/or household goods. Shipping container can be delivered to your home and you can load the car yourself. In addition you can ship your personal items with your auto. Keep in mind that loading the vehicle in the container is not easy and it is advised to employ professionals. The ocean container sits on chassis about four feet above the ground, has no platforms, lift gates or ramps. The car needs to be secured, blocked, and braced inside the container.
If you choose not to pack the container yourself, your car can be picked up at your door and delivered to our nearest warehouse, where it will be loaded into the shipping container. This option is chosen by our customers most often, as in this case our company would take care of EVERYTHING since the moment your vehicle is picked up. Once the container is loaded and delivered to the U.S. port, it will be transferred onto a ship going to a specific port in Sweden.
Another thing to consider is that you can often only collect marine insurance if the container is professionally packed. On the brighter side, the loading charges will only be a small portion of your total shipping cost.
The other most popular option in international car shipping to Sweden is RO-RO, which stands for Roll-On/Roll-Off service and basically means that your car will be “rolled on” the ship at the port of origin and “rolled off” at the port of destination. This service is limited to only a select group of ports in US and Sweden – please contact us for this information.
- Make note you will need the original title of the vehicle.
- If there is a lien on the vehicle (i.e., the vehicle is financed), you will need the notarized copy of the title and a letter from the lien holder (if applicable), authorizing the exportation of the car. If you purchased a car in US you will need the original title and a Bill of Sale.
- Most countries, including Sweden, require you to present a bill of lading, showing how, when and by what means of transport the vehicle was shipped (USAC will provide this document).
- Before the pickup, please make sure the gas tank has less than ¼ of gas.
- Trucker will need 1 set of keys.
- The alarm must be disabled.
- If necessary, winterize your vehicle to protect the radiators and battery from freezing.
- It is advisable not to leave anything of value inside the vehicle.
- Personal belongings or parts are strictly prohibited inside the vehicles for Ro-Ro shipping.
- Make sure the driver goes over all scratches, dents etc and gives you a signed copy of the bill of lading showing all exceptions. This is an important document that insurance company will ask for in case your vehicle arrives damaged
- If shipping a motorhome or RV with LPG (liquid propane gas) tank, the tank must be completely drained by an authorized dealer, and proper certificate must be provided. Another option is to completely remove the tank.
- If shipping a boat to Sweden, it is a good idea to shrink-wrap it, to prevent moisture accumulation and unauthorized access. It may also prevent small damages, such as scratches.
- Customers who qualify for duty-free import of household goods MAY also qualify for duty-free import of a vehicle
- IF OWNED AND USED ABROAD FOR MORE THAN ONE YEAR AND NOT TO BE SOLD FOR AT LEAST ONE YEAR AFTER IMPORTATION
- One vehicle per person is allowed to be imported
- ALL Customers must contact Customs regarding new regulations in effect for catalytic converters
- Any environmental fee will be for Customer’s account
- Documents required:
- Certificate of Registration
- Purchase invoice identifying price, date and place of purchase
- Customs form (separate from household goods)
- Insurance documents from country of origin
- “Interims insurance” issued by Swedish insurance company
CUSTOMER MUST BE PRESENT FOR CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
There are many international car transport companies out there today competing for your dollar, however it could be a difficult task to locate a small reliable company that has the highest safety records, excellent customer service and is ready to do business with you.
If you choose USAC International, not only we will provide you with an experienced customer service representative to guide you through every pitfall of international car shipping, but also provide you with free shipping quote estimate, so that you will know all your shipping costs upfront, without hidden fees or charges.
*NOTE – Customs regulations in Sweden are subject to change at any time. Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, USAC Intl cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. It is a good idea to check with your local embassy prior to shipping auto to Sweden.