Car shipping services to Spain:
USAC International specializes in providing auto shipping services to many countries, including Spain. We offer reliable, efficient shipping service with frequent departures from major U.S. ports. We can handle not only the auto transport from USA to Spain, but take care of all documentation, customs clearance, vehicle pick up and delivery, loading and maybe even inspecting the vehicle prior to shipping. Whether you need an exotic auto transport, antique or classic automobile shipping services, or just want to ship your family vehicle and household goods to Spain, you can always count on USAC International Shipping Company. We can always find a solution with a price package and shipping options designed to fit your needs and budget.
Major ports in Spain:
Adra Algeciras Alicante Almeria Ayamonte Barbate Barcelona Benidorm Bilbao Bonanza Cadiz Caleta de Velez Carboneras Cartagena Castellón Ceuta Chipiona Conil El Rompido El Terron Estepona Ferrol Fuengirola Gallineras Garrucha Gijon Huelva Ibiza Isla Cristina La Atunara La Coruna Las Palmas Malaga Marbella Marin Motril Palma (Mallorca) Pasajes Pollensa (Mallorca) Punta Umbria Roquetas de Mar Rota San Ciprian Sancti Petri Santander Sevilla Tarragona Tenerife Valencia Vigo Vilagarcia Villaricos La Balsa Villaricos La Esperanza
Major cities in Spain:
Barcelona Burgos Cordoba Granada Canary Islands Balearic Islands Madrid Malaga Marbella Pamplona Ronda Salamanca Santiago Seville Toledo Valencia Zaragoza
Some of the most common types of auto shipping services to Spain are: containerized auto shipping; Roll-on Roll-off (RO-RO) auto transport (enclosed or on the deck); other possibilities are door-to-door auto transport, terminal-to-terminal automobile shipping, specialty vehicle shipping services (exotic auto transport, non-operational auto transport, enclosed automobile transport etc); delivery to a specified location, storage needs etc. Containerized shipping to Spain is the most common way to ship an automobile, personal belongings and/or household goods. Shipping container can be delivered to your home and you can load the car yourself. In addition you can ship your personal items with your auto. Keep in mind that loading the vehicle in the container is not easy and it is advised to employ professionals. The ocean container sits on chassis about four feet above the ground, has no platforms, lift gates or ramps. The car needs to be secured, blocked, and braced inside the container. If you choose not to pack the container yourself, your auto can be picked up at your door and delivered to our nearest warehouse, where it will be loaded into the shipping container. This option is chosen by our customers most often, as in this case our company would take care of EVERYTHING since the moment your auto is picked up. Once the container is loaded and delivered to the U.S. port, it will be transferred onto a ship going to a specific port in Spain. Another thing to consider is that you can often only collect marine insurance if the container is professionally packed. On the brighter side, the loading charges will only be a small portion of your total shipping cost. The other most popular option in international auto shipping to Spain is RO-RO, which stands for Roll-On/Roll-Off service and basically means that your car will be "rolled on" the ship at the port of origin and "rolled off" at the port of destination. This service is limited to only a select group of ports in US and Spain - please contact us for this information.
If you are shipping your automobile to Spain, there are certain documents and information you will have to secure:
Make note you will need the original title of the vehicle.
If there is a lien on the vehicle (i.e., the vehicle is financed), you will need the notarized copy of the title and a letter from the lien holder (if applicable), authorizing the exportation of the car. If you purchased a car in US you will need the original title and a Bill of Sale.
Most countries, including Spain, require you to present a bill of lading, showing how, when and by what means of transport the vehicle was shipped (USAC will provide this document).
Duty-free import may be allowed for limited time (six months); import duties and taxes will be payable upon application for permanent permit
- Customer must have resided outside Spain for at least twelve months (six months for EC countries)
- Vehicle must have been used by customer minimum of six months
- Vehicle modifications that alter original design are prohibited
- Temporary permit can be obtained at Customs (valid for six months),
- Customer must obtain Spanish Vehicle Registration within this time
- Documents required (only originals are accepted):
- Purchase Invoice or Certificate of Ownership o Registration or Title
- Circulation Permit o Tax Receipt o Liability Insurance on auto must be valid and running
- License plates from country of origin o Identification Card ("Documento Nacional de Identidad")
- Passport or Residence Card o Title issued under the owner's name o Valid Insurance
Preparing your automobile for international shipping:
- Before the pick up, please make sure the gas tank has less than ¼ of gas.
- Trucker will need 1 set of keys.
- The alarm must be disabled.
- If necessary, winterize your auto to protect the radiators and battery from freezing.
- It is advisable not to leave anything of value inside the vehicle.
- Personal belongings or parts are strictly prohibited inside the vehicles for Ro-Ro shipping.
- Make sure the driver goes over all scratches, dents etc and gives you a signed copy of the bill of lading showing all exceptions. This is an important document that insurance company will ask for in case your vehicle arrives damaged
- If shipping a motorhome or RV with LPG (liquid propane gas) tank, the tank must be completely drained by an authorized dealer, and proper certificate must be provided. Another option is to completely remove the tank.
- If shipping a boat to Spain, it is a good idea to shrink-wrap it, to prevent moisture accumulation and unauthorized access. It may also prevent small damages, such as scratches.
There are many international auto transport companies out there today competing for your dollar, however it could be a difficult task to locate a small reliable company that has the highest safety records, excellent customer service and is ready to do business with you. If you choose USAC International, not only we will provide you with an experienced customer service representative to guide you through every pitfall of international auto shipping, but also provide you with free shipping quote estimate, so that you will know all your shipping costs upfront, without hidden fees or charges.
Please, contact us today for your free shipping quote!
*NOTE - Customs regulations in Spain are subject to change at any time. Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, USAC International cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. It is a good idea to check with your local embassy prior to shipping auto to Spain.